Wednesday 5 October 2011

Twinkle twinkle little star... number two...

This has been a very productive week at Jodé Designs... With two wooden rocking chairs to restore, there has been alot of sanding... painting... sewing... (and maybe some loud singing..)

This gorgeous wooden rocking chair has been restored with a different look in mind.  Since I was restoring it for my beautiful friend Lisa's nursey, we decided to sand it back to its raw form and then oil it to bring out the true character of the wood...  Finishing it off with a cute soft cream/beige cushion...
It lovingly matched the rest of her furniture items creating a delighful story...
 
Yes, this wooden rocking chair has sold but I wanted to show you all how just one piece of furniture can be the starting piece to any story of a nursery...  I can't wait for Lisa to rock and sing to her little one in this rocking chair... I am sure it will get alot of use... Enjoy...
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment